Recipe: Delicious Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl
Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl. Place a lid on top, turn the heat on to high, and allow the water to come up to a full boil. In the age of Chipotle, when burrito bowls have become layers upon layers of fancy meats, creamy dressings, and crunchy tortilla strips, I'm scaling it back to the basics. No frills, no fancy ingredients, just the bare bones.
No frills, no fancy ingredients, just the bare bones. The only ingredients you absolutely need to feel full and satisfied. Once the rice is cooked, build the bowls. You can have Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl
- It’s of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Beef 75/25.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 pkg of taco seasoning.
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked long grain white rice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Black Beans.
- It’s 1 (15 oz.) of cans black beans.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s of Salsa.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, large.
- Prepare 1 of lime, juice and zested.
- You need 1/4 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, minced.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of cilantro, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Canned Hot Peppers, diced.
- You need of Toppings.
- It’s 6 oz of shredded cheese (your choice).
- Prepare 8 oz of Sour Cream.
Top with a few sliced green onions and serve. Cook the rice according to the package directions. While the rice is cooking, heat the black beans (undrained) in a small sauce pot, along with the cumin and garlic powder. Once the rice is cooked, build the bowls.
Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl step by step
- Add the rice, salt, and 3 cups water to a medium sauce pot. Place a lid on top, turn the heat on to high, and allow the water to come up to a full boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let it continue to simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the heat off and let it sit, with the lid in place, for an additional five minutes. Fluff just before serving..
- While the rice is cooking, make the beans. Add both cans of black beans (undrained) to a small sauce pot, along with the cumin, and garlic powder. Heat over medium, stirring often, until heated through..
- Dice the tomato and hot peppers, mince jalapeño and onions. Mix in a bowl while squeezing lime juice and zest together. Set aside..
- In a skillet under medium high heat brown the meat season with salt and pepper. Once browned, reduce heat to low and drain most of the grease. Return to skillet and add taco seasoning with some of the remaining grease and mix in well..
- Place rice in bowl, and add toppings. Serve and enjoy!.
Posted in Cooking, Food, Pandemic Cooking by Valentina. Of course the grocery stores are low on items so I had to buy some versions of things that I normally would not choose. Poor Man's Burrito Bowls. budgetbytes.com Squidbern. loading. Beef taco burrito bowls are so easy to make at home! Seasoned beef taco meat with black beans, layered with rice, and all the taco toppings you want.