Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew
Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew. Heat up oil in a deep stock pot over medium high heat. Generously season stew meat with salt and pepper. Add Italian seasoning and chopped garlic during the last minute.
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large kettle; add the beef, seasoned salt, and chopped onions. You can have Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Pound of Beef Stew Meat.
- Prepare as Needed of Salt.
- It’s as Needed of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion Diced.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 6 Cups of Water.
- It’s 14 Ounce of Can Tomato Sauce.
- You need 3 of Beef Bouillon Cubes.
- It’s 1 Cup of Chopped Celery Stalks and Leaves.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Frozen Corn Kernels.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Diced Potatoes.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Sliced Carrots.
Season you meat using the mixture. Next apply a light coat of flour to the beef stew. Add vegetable oil to large frying pans and Sauté beef until all sides have browned. Transfer the beef stew to the crock pot and add whole tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and onions.
Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew step by step
- Heat up oil in a deep stock pot over medium high heat. Generously season stew meat with salt and pepper. Brown stew meat and chopped onion together, approximately 7-10 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and chopped garlic during the last minute..
- Add water, tomato sauce and beef bouillon cubes. Cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- When ready add chopped celery, carrots, frozen corn kernels, and diced potatoes. Cover and simmer approximately 30-45 minutes until vegetables are fork tender. Adjust seasoning if needed..
- Serve with fresh cornbread for a complete meal. Tastes even better the next day. Enjoy!! Note: This can be cooked in a crockpot, Insta Pot, etc. Just adjust your cooking times..
Add enough water to cover ingredients. Looking for a comforting and filling soup to warm up your dinner table on chilly winter nights? This homemade vegetable beef soup recipe combines beef stew meat with traditional frozen vegetables to create a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy. Homemade Southern Beef Stew Like creamy butter beans, Homemade Southern Beef Stew is another one of those belly warmin', budget stretchin' meals that's pretty popular this time of year. The weather this weekend was absolutely perfect for it too.