Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken Cacciatore. Don't Forget To Try All Of Our Mouthwatering Recipes! Chicken Cacciatore Tips What is chicken cacciatore? The Italian word "cacciatore" translates to "hunter".
This hunter-style version gives a heartiness and warmth that will satisfy any appetite! This recipe is inspired by the cacciatore that we enjoy from our favorite Italian restaurant. Serve over pasta with freshly-grated Parmesan and a green salad! You can cook Chicken Cacciatore using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- It’s 8 of chicken drum sticks.
- Prepare 12 oz of can crushed tomato.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped bell pepper.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of ground oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oj.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- It’s of Oil for searing chicken and veggies.
- It’s 500 g of spaghetti noodle.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of parsley.
- Prepare of Salt for noodles.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
Chicken cacciatore—or chicken in the style of the hunter—is a warm and hearty stewed dish from the Italian-American culinary canon. This dish typically features browned chicken, herbs, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms and other deeply flavorful vegetables. Chicken cacciatore is a classic Mediterranean chicken dish from Italy. This is my favorite recipe made with chicken thighs, tomatoes, herbs, and olives.
Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- In a large pot over med high heat sear chicken till golden but not fully cooked..
- Remove chicken. Set aside.
- Wash your pot to re use.
- Add oil for veggies add onions and peppers and saute till onions are translucent but not caramelized..
- Add orange juice to the veggies cook for 2 min..
- Over low med heat add crushed tomato, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, salt, oregano, pepper and Italian seasoning (stir).
- Add chicken drum sticks stir to coat chicken. With tomato pasta sauce..
- Cover and cook on low for 30-min till chicken is fully cooked.
- While chicken Cacciatore is cooking you want to cook your pasta as it says on the directions of package. If possible take one cup of your pasta water and add it to your chicken cacciatore.
- Once your pasta is cooked and strained carfully mix in butter salt garlic and parsley..
- On a glass plate add pasta Chicken Cacciatore sauce and a drumstick sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and enjoy.
Chicken Cacciatore, though not always thought of as a stew, has the characteristics of one; chicken is paired with vegetables in a rich, thick broth. The mixture is then spooned over al dente linguine. Chicken Cacciatore generally involves browning chicken pieces in a pot over high heat, then sauteing a mix of vegetables—onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes—in the same pot. Spices are added, followed by a little wine, and the chicken and veggies are allowed to cook together in the oven long enough for magic to happen… In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and Italian seasoning. Add chicken, a few at a time; seal and shake to coat.