Recipe: Tasty Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version
Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version. Dice the ham add to a pot and cook. Let the fat render a bit. Cook the squash till render and falling apart.
Place ham cubes over squash, then drained onions on squash and ham. Mix cheese and mushrooms with hot white sauce and stir until cheese is melted. While the vegetables bake, cook the pasta according to the package directions. You can cook Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version
- It’s 1-1/2 pound of yellow Crook-necked squash.
- Prepare 4 cups of Ritz crackers crushed.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cup of diced ham.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese topping.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs topping.
Drain and return to the pot. Stir in the cream cheese until it is completely melted. It's an easy recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation. It pleases – ahem, wows – a crowd.
Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version instructions
- Dice the ham add to a pot and cook. Let the fat render a bit..
- Slice the squash. Add to the ham. Add salt and cover. Cook 10 minutes. Stir and add the water..
- Cook the squash till render and falling apart. Allow to cool 30 minutes..
- Take the crackers and crush. Add the liquids of the squash, along with the squash and ham. Add the butter and mix well..
- Mix in the cheese. Add to a dish to bake in. Shake it to get even. Add cheese and breadcrumbs on top and put into oven for 45 minutes, till topping is cooked, and casserole is bubbly..
- Let rest 12 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!.
This is the type of recipe that demands doubling or even tripling. Squash casserole is pure comfort food. Note: This is an overview of the instructions. The full instructions are in the recipe card below. Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version.