Recipe: Tasty Sausage and Ground Beef Soup
Sausage and Ground Beef Soup. This hearty and warming soup makes a comforting dinner. The herbs make the kitchen smell wonderful! You can use lower-calorie turkey sausage for the Italian sausage if you like.
Add the tomatoes, water, onion and seasonings. Cut the carrots on a bias try to keep an even thickness. Add the butter and carrots to a pot. You can have Sausage and Ground Beef Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage and Ground Beef Soup
- Prepare 1/4 pound of bulk sausage.
- Prepare 1-1/3 pound of ground Angus beef.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked Jasmine rice.
- It’s 2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 1 quart of beef broth.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tablespoon of summer savory.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped chives.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soya sauce I used Kikkomans brand.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 pound of carrots.
Add half the salt, all the summer savory, and chives. Stir well and add the beef and rest of the salt. Brown ground beef and sausage in a frying pan, then drain well. Add all ingredients, except the macaroni, to a crock-pot.
Sausage and Ground Beef Soup instructions
- Cut the carrots on a bias try to keep an even thickness. Add the butter and carrots to a pot. Sauté for 10 minutes. Add half the salt, all the summer savory, and chives. Stir well and add the beef and rest of the salt. Start to brown the beef..
- When mostly browned add I the brother's, rice, macaroni elbows, and sausage. My rice and sausage were frozen. So allow to simmering for 25 minutes covered..
- Take the sausage out of soup and break it up to make it lose. Then add back into the soup. Simmer on low for 7 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
One hour before serving, turn setting to high and add macaroni. Place ground beef and sausage to a large skillet, crumble and brown on medium high heat until about half cooked. Outstanding for a cold winters day. I too used spicy sausage substituted beef for chicken broth used elbow mac (only thing I had on hand) threw in a small piece of parm cheese rind then served with shredded parm cheese on top. Hubby (who rarely enjoys soup) loved.