Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Egyptian Fattah (Beef)
Egyptian Fattah (Beef). For Beef : Wash the beef. For bread : cut the tita bread Into cubes and shown into the picture. Egyptian Fattah (Beef) instructions For Beef : Wash the beef.
This is a traditional Egyptian food to celebrate any occasion,. Egyptian Fattah is a classic dish from the beginning of time. It is very ancient and many arabic movies highlight this dish in big feasts, weddings and any other big events that occur in villages and old Egypt. You can have Egyptian Fattah (Beef) using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egyptian Fattah (Beef)
- You need 1 of big onion cut into 4 pcs.
- You need 4 pcs of cardamon.
- It’s 1/2 of kl of beef cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of Baharat.
- You need 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For sauce.
- It’s 5 of gloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth or stock from boiling beef.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of For Rice.
- You need 2 cup of Egyptian calrose Rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric for rice coloring (optional).
- Prepare of For bread.
- It’s 1 of pita bread cut into cubes.
It has it all in one dish: meat, rice, bread and tomatoes. Egyptian dish is also known to… High prices. Egypt's economic struggles have led to a significant increase in the prices of everyday groceries and local meat. A meal of homemade fattah enough for four adults would cost around.
Egyptian Fattah (Beef) step by step
- For Beef : Wash the beef. Put about 4 cups of water and add the onion cut and cardamon and the spices (baharat,salt, pepper and 1 beef broth) boil for 2 hours until the beef is fully soft..
- For bread : cut the tita bread Into cubes and shown into the picture. Put the bread into medium high heat into the pan until it was hard and golden brown..
- For garlic: cut the garlic into small pieces and grind it into mortar and add the 1 tsp coriander powder and mix together as shown in the picture.
- For Sauce: preheat the pan into medium heat add the garlic and coriander mixture. Turn the garlic into golden brown and add 1 tsp of vinegar and simmer for half minute. Add the tomato paste and mix it all together. Then add the spices as I mention in the ingredients for the sauce and let it simmer for about 10 mins and set aside.
- How to wash the rice? ( I used to wash the rice thoroughly so the starch will be remove and let it stay in water for about 5 minutes and rinse.
- For Rice: put (samna) Ghee butter 1 tbsp Into the rice pot and add the rice mix it altogether add some turmeric powder optional..
- Add some 1 cup of beef broth or better take some beef broth from the beef you are boiling.. add some salt to taste, cover and let it cooked into low heat until the rice is cooked..
- For preparing: soak the bread into beef broth for boiling beef for 1 minute and top it on rice.
To prepare bread for bottom of dish: Take pita bread and rip into bite size pieces. Our fattah recipe is a modern Egyptian version of a dish that goes back to antiquity. We slow cook the lamb or beef, then use the hot meat broth to cook our rice, infusing the rice with meaty flavor, along with aromatic cardamom and bay. Fried pita pieces go next, making them crispy and golden. Layer the meat cubes on top of the rice and sauce, and serve immediately, along with extra sauce to the side.