Recipe: Delicious Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing)
Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing). Great recipe for Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing). Brining while thawing makes this dish truly delicious and succulent. No need to marinate, flavorful meat up to the bones! #worldonaplate #mychinese Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing) Brining while thawing makes this dish truly delicious and succulent.
No need to marinate, flavorful meat up to the bones! #worldonaplate #mychinese Substitute for Shaoxing wine. Dry sherry – this is made of fortified wine that even a small amount helps increase the flavor and depth of a recipe. This could last longer than an opened bottle of regular red or white wine. You can cook Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing) using 29 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing)
- Prepare of Good for 3 chicken quarters (thigh with leg).
- You need of Brine.
- It’s of Water, enough to submerge chicken.
- It’s 6-7 tablespoon of heaps of salt.
- It’s of Chicken Rub.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need Dash of cinnamon.
- You need of Sauce to cook it in.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of regular Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Soy Liquid Seasoning (I use Knorr).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 2-3 of big pinches of brown sugar.
- Prepare 10 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 clove of (spice) pieces.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 2 of small-medium onions, sliced.
- It’s 1 of dried bay leaf or laurel leaf.
- It’s 1 of green chili sliced in middle.
- You need of To Brown.
- You need 2-3 T of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Few drops Sesame oil.
- It’s of Garnish / Side (optional).
- Prepare 3-4 bunches of Pechay.
- Prepare of Sprinkle of All Purpose Seasoning powder.
- Prepare Dash of Salt.
- It’s Dash of Sesame Oil.
Mirin – Mirin is a rice wine or a sweetened sake usually used in Japanese cooking. It has a light syrupy texture and gives a mild sweetness to dishes and sauces. To prepare the chicken, unfold the chicken thighs and lay them on a cutting board. Remove as much of the sinew as possible. (If some parts are very thick, cut them in half horizontally.) Slice a few shallow crosshatches into the meat.
Asian Spiced Sesame Soy Chicken (sans the xiao xing) step by step
- BRINE: Take out frozen chicken and soak it in water. Just enough water to keep all pieces submerged. Sprinkle salt all over on top of the chicken and around it. Set aside until thawed..
- RUB: Check chicken if completely thawed and now soft. Discard brine. Rub chicken with pepper and salt on all sides. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on the skin side, set aside..
- SAUCE TO COOK IN: Prepare pot, combine Sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Add chicken with skin side up. Cover and bring to a boil again then lower heat, cooking for 20 minutes. Then flip all pieces to the other side and simmer another 20 minutes..
- PECHAY: with 10 minutes left on the clock, you can add the washed pechay on top of the chicken to steam, cover and continue cookingthe chicken..
- PECHAY : Turn off heat and transfer pechay on a heated non stick pan (while leaving the chicken in the pot, covered) and add a few drops of sesame oil all around, season with all purpose seasoning powder and dash of salt. Cover a couple minutes then transfer and arrange on a plate..
- Set aside the remaining chicken sauce/drippings in the pot..
- BROWNING: On the same non stick pan, with residue of sesame oil, add some cooking oil (just a couple tablespoons to lightly fry/brown) then fish out the chicken from the pot and skin side down, lightly caramelize it. Flip to the other side if you want both sides browned. Remember, don't over cook to keep the meat juicy..
- Plate the chicken, caramelized side up. Serve with the sauce/drippings on the side, if desired..
Add the soy sauces and egg yolk and mix. Hainanese Chicken Rice, Singapore-style is a light, refreshing way to serve an entree. Try this for a holiday party to balance the heavy richness of other dishes. Or enjoy it as an everyday dish. The chicken is simply poached in the boiling water flavored with ginger and scallions.