Recipe: Delicious Pepper steak / beef pepper steak
Pepper steak / beef pepper steak. Pepper Steak Tips Why is my pepper steak tough? Beef top round steak is a leaner, less tender cut of meat. One way to get a more tender result is to use a meat mallet prior to cooking.
Beef – Pepper Steak is usually made with top round beef steak, but I use sirloin. Bell Pepper – green, red, yellow, or orange (or a combination!) Onion – you can use red onion or sweet onion. Cherry Tomatoes – regular, grape, or yellow pear all work. You can cook Pepper steak / beef pepper steak using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pepper steak / beef pepper steak
- You need 1.5-2 lbs of beef strips.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, minced.
- It’s 1/4 of green pepper, minced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of sofrito.
- Prepare 1 packet of sazon.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare of Rest of green pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of of any other pepper, sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
Add remaining oil and saute the beef until browned. Add the broth, soy sauce, sugar and ground pepper to the skillet, stir well. Add celery, bell pepper and tomatoes. Pepper steak is quick, easy and perfect to whip up any night of the week.
Pepper steak / beef pepper steak step by step
- Cut your beef into slices, if it isn't already. In large mixing bowl, add diced onions, diced peppers, garlic, oregano, bullion cube, sazon, soy sauce, sofrito, lime juice, black pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix to combine. Let marinate for atleast 30 min- 2days..
- In down time, slice onions & peppers..
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Once oil is hot, add your meat. Let your meat cook for 4-5 min. Then stir for about five minutes so all sides are brown..
- Add water by placing it into the marinade bowl then add to the meat. Add enough water to cover the meat. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. If water dries up, you can add more. Stew meat for 10-45 minutes depending on the type of beef you are using. Once meat is tender, add onions, peppers & vinegar. Add a little more water, turn down the heat & cook until onions/peppers are to your liking..
Strips of beef and bell peppers are stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time! I love it with brown rice, but cauliflower rice would also be great on the side. Pepper Steak is a quick and easy beef stir fry recipe that involves thinly sliced sirloin steak along with bell pepper and onion. This is the perfect dish to serve during lunchtime. To make pepper steak at home, you will first need to cut beef sirloin into thin strips.